Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thinking about Being Grateful Thursday

                                           

Good morning my little Worker bees! It's another Zoom day today and I can't wait to see your faces! 💚💛💜
 
You know... I love that we are thinking about being grateful this week. I started with a few things that I am thankful for and now I CAN'T STOP!! There are just SO MANY things I am grateful for in my life! I hope that as you work on writing your sentences (from yesterday's Blog), you will feel the same way. We all have 100's of things to feel grateful for... big AND small. 


Here are a few more of the things that I am grateful for:

1. I am grateful that I have good neighbors that I wave to and talk to (from a distance) when we go out in the yard or for a walk.


2.  I am grateful that I can Zoom chat and Face Time with my friends and relatives that I miss, so we can feel close.

3. I am grateful for lilac trees and cherry blossoms that smell amazing when we go for a walk. 


4. I am very grateful for being healthy and feeling good each day. 


5. I am grateful for all the people I work with at Beattie and hope we will be back together with all of you soon. 

6. Every day I am extremely grateful to all of the essential workers! They are INCREDIBLE!! ❤️💛💚💙💜


Remember... when you write your sentences, start each with a capital, end with a period or ! and print neatly.

Please finish your sentences by Friday and send me your typed work or a picture of printed work by email, just like you sent your letter to me last week.  😊😊😊

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MATH If you look to the right side of today's Blog post, you will see a link to the Telling Time Answer Key. All of the pages from your duotang are there with correct answers. Grab your pencil or coloured pencil crayon and click the link so you can be the teacher today and ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️ your work! I'm sure you did great so remember to reward yourself with some ⭐⭐s for your good answers.    
                            
    Now ... we're moving on to MONEY!!      


If you haven't checked out the BLUE page in your Math duotang, go there today or tomorrow and you can begin to do some Money pages. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

READING  and WORDWORK  - Today when you read to your adult I want you to look for CONTRACTIONS.
These are words that we say and write when we drop 1 or more letters and replace the missing letters with an 
a-pos-tro-phe ( ' ) ... like this: is not →→ isn't 
                                        or       I am →→ I'm

Your Word Work this weekend will be to find / think of as many CONTRACTIONS as you can for next Tuesday's Zoom meeting. 
Here is a small list to get you started:



No comments:

Post a Comment