Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Too Much Chocolate Tuesday!

Welcome Back my Worker Bees! 
I would love to make some of these egg bees!But my grandchildren ...

I hope you all had a fun weekend and had a visit from the Easter Bunny! He came to my house and I must confess...I've been nibbling quite a few chocolate treats. Time for some fruit and veggies again today.

I've been checking out who has been using Prodigy to work on some Math and was happy to see that at least 15 of you have tried the app and many have been on quite a bit. Great job! Have you been on Mathletics yet? I sent your login info last Thursday so if you haven't logged on yet, give it a go! 

Raz-Kids is great too and there are TONS of stories and things to read. Definitely take a look - I think you'll really like it!

Today I'm adding a new link over on the right under LEARNING LINKS. If you like to learn about the world and animals and so much more... be sure to check out National Geographic for Kids. 

Remember that even though we're not together at school...
Image may contain: possible text that says 'I WILL TEACH YOU IN A ROOM $ will teach you now on Zoom J will teach you in a house ## WILL TEACH YOU WITH MY MOUSE I WILL TEACH YOU HERE OR THERE I will teach because I CARE'

Today you can work on these activities. If you need more time, that's okay... just keep chugging along!

READING
Choose a story to read aloud to a grown-up. When you finish, tell them what happened at the beginning, the middle and the end. Who were the main characters? What was the problem in the story and how was it solved? If you choose a non-fiction book, tell your adult at least 4 things you learned from your book.

WRITING
In your notebook, put the letters sh at the top of a new page. Try to think of:

10+ words that begin with sh ( like shoes )
10+ words that end with sh  ( like crush )
5+ words that have sh in the middle ( like fashion )

**Make 3 columns and print neatly.

MATH
#1) Fill it Up! Find at least 4 different sized measuring cups and a large plastic jug. One at a time, estimate how many of each it will take to fill the jug with water. Test out your prediction. What do you notice? Were your guesses close? What units of Measurement did you use? (millilitres? litres? cups? ounces?)

#2If there are 18 fish and two aquariums, what are all of the different ways that the fish can be placed in the two aquariums (example, 2 in one and 16 in the other). You may wish to use small items such as 18 beads and two bowls to represent the fish and aquariums. Make a list in your notebook and show how many different ways you can put the fish in the 2 fish tanks.

1) 2 + 16 =18
2) _ + __ =18
3) _ + __ =18
4) _ + __ =18
5) KEEP GOING!

No comments:

Post a Comment