Thursday, April 2, 2020

What's the Plan?

Hi Everyone!
All the children should now have their Prodigy Username and Password (sent to your e-mail last night). I hope that today each of them will have a chance to log-in and get familiar with the program. They do a little assessment to begin and may feel surprised that they're not automatically started at a Grade 3 level ( where most of my Grade 2s have also been working in class), but beginning at a lower level will give them a chance to review and practice concepts, and then progress at their own speed.  We have not yet covered concepts like Telling Time, Money,  Multiplication and some Measurement (L, mL and g.kg ) so those will be brand new and we will visit those in the coming weeks. If your child hasn't tried logging in yet, please try to have a look at Prodigy by sometime Friday.

Starting next Monday, I will begin to give: 1 Literacy ( reading/ writing task, 1 Math job and a few suggestions for other subject area activities (Science, Music, Social Studies, Art) each day. These are recommendations that I hope you will find helpful to give your child some areas of focus. Your family's well-being is ALWAYS most important and I don't want anyone to stress if certain 'assignments' don't get done. 

If you have your child read aloud to an adult for at least 15-20 minutes, do some sort of personal writing for at least 15-25 minutes and work on Prodigy or other Math for 20-30 minutes throughout the day, this will be enough. If your child is keen for more, I will be sharing plenty of extra ideas for work, fun and exploration. 

ZOOM MEETINGS: I haven't heard back yet from many people so I think I will put the kids in a few smaller groups of 6-8 and try to ZOOM with them next Monday or Tuesday. Tomorrow I'll post your child's group and ZOOM time and hope that they can join. If there is a time (morning, afternoon, evening) that DOESN'T work, please let me know by tomorrow morning before I make up the groups. It'll be fun to see each other and if they want to show or tell something special, they can bring it to the 'meeting'. Don't be intimidated by ZOOM ... I'll send you easy instructions to get it on your laptop or phone. It was new to me 10 days ago too, but it's not hard to access.

1 comment:

  1. bryant will be happy to join the Zoom meeting. it is set up using my email account. he can do morning or afternoons. thank you

    ReplyDelete